I have tried this a number of times now with no success.
I have installed the fully paid for proffessional version of VP-UML and when used the first time (ever) I imported the license key as required and worked with no problem.
However, when I log off my machine and re-log back on again to continue working, my license key details have been lost. When I try to re-import the license key, it says imported successfully, but dosen’t appear in the list of keys and therefore refuses to work ever again.
Uninstalling and reinstalling doens’t fix this either.
Can anyone help with this?
Are you logging onto a domain? Do you have any scripts which run and cleanup your profile folder?
Yes, I suspect so, as we are running Novell Zenworks which manages profiles so theortically we can log into any workstation.
I am not expecting me to be able to do this though with VP. I only use one machine which I have installed VP.
Try logging off, and then logging in. But before running VP-UML, can you please check if there is a file “license1.vpl” in the “C:\Documents and Settings<your username>.vplls” folder?
We are using WinNT so don’t have Documents and Settings folder.
However, I do have a winnt/profiles//.vplls folder which does have a licence1.vpl in it.
I have got VP working now with this here, but when going through the problem before, I saw that I had the same file in place when it didn’t work, so I don’t know why it is working now and didn’t before.
When I had this issue before, I raised the same issue and got my license keys (6 full licenses) sent to me again, but I have looked at these and they are v3.1 and not 3.0 licenses. So it may have been that I was using the new license and not the old one.
Anyway the issue appears to be when I import a new license it is reported as being successfully imported, but then doesn’t appear in the list of licenses.