Clarify CE license

I just want to make sure I understadnd the license for Community Edition. Although promoted as free software it appeaars from the license to be just a 30 day free evaluation? After 30days all rigths to use expire?

Please advise

Hi AllAn,

The Community Edition license is a permanent one and will NOT expire.

May I know where did you see that the license is just for a 30 day free evaluation? There maybe a mistake.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi, Im pretty sure it was presetnted at first run, after install, but I looked t so many let me make sure. Im at a different computer today, let me do it again. Will get back to you

Sorry, my bad. It was presented on the web site, before I did download.

from the is page
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/download.jsp?product=vpsuite

Today I did download and the install shows the same license as a click-wrap

Basically its like this:

1. Limited License Grant. Visual Paradigm grants to you … license to install and use Visual Paradigm Products … for evaluation of the Software for 30 days (“Trial Period”) … Following the expiration of the Trial Period, …must cease all copying, use, distribution and access to the software. …

And I got the email with a key and it says:

The attached file activates the product(s) for 30 days evaluation. In case…

This seems ot be a pretty solid 30 day limit.

Hi AllAn,

Thank you for the supplementary information. We will check to see if there are anything wrong with the outgoing emails. Especially for the email with evaluation key.

Best Regards,
Jick

Jick

If there is anything wrong? If the license and emails clearly state 30day evaluation off the community edition and your post here says its a perpetually free, no eval period, license – then doesn’t that mean something or someone is wrong?

Can you please clarify the liecense terms in light of the information provided.

Allan

Hi Allan,

The 30-day evaluation period is setup for non-community edition. Community Edition is abosolutely permanent, so in this case the email content is wrong.

Best Regards,
Jick