Class Diagram. Howto diagram session facade calling entity cmp bean

Hi;
On a given class diagram, using the facade pattern, where the cmp bean is always called via a session ejb. (The session ejb is remote, and the entity bean is local.)
Question 1. What is the proper way to diagram this?

Question 2. Will VP gen proper code the session bean neads to call the entity bean?

Question 3. (Partially related) Can vp gen client code required to call a remote bean?
a) via fat client. b) via servlet.

And (sorry) totally off topic, but important, how to diagram servlets and jsp’s in general? Are there stereotype for this? (The genned code needs to be deployable to a web container.)

Thanks;
-nat

Dear Nathan,

Question 1:
I suggest you can use the Class diagram to model this. And if your case is very complex, you can use a state diagram to model the internal aspect of the facade object.

Question 2:
The new version of VP-UML/SDE and DB-VA provides more support to EJB modeling and code generation. I suggest you download and try the Early Access version of the VP Suite 2.0. http://www.visual-paradigm.com/support/earlyaccess/

Question 3:
EJB client code generation currently is not supported, but we sure we will support it in the near future.

Diagram the servlet and JSP:
Usually we will not diagram these things because they are the “view” of the system (model-view-control architecture). Most likely they are very complicated and the reusability is relatively low. If you really want to diagram this, you can use the sequence diagram and communication diagram to model the messages flows and the collaboration between them.

Best regards,
Rain

Downloaded the EA release.
Two slight immediate problems.

1. It does not approve the license, earlyaccess.zvpl.
  2. Please give me access to the early access forum.
    Thanks;
    -nat

Dear Nathan,

We found some problem on yesterdays early access release so we temporary stop the early access program. The program will be resumed very soon.

Best regards,
Rain