Class Diagram: Unable to specify parameter direction

Hi All,
Has anybody been able to enter the parameter direction while typing the definition for an operation? In other words, press Alt+Shift+O and in the text field that appears in the class, type:

+SetValue(in val : int) : void 

I’m able to enter it as in the above and it displays this when done, but the specification dialog doesn’t reflect the parameter direction; it shows the default “inout” direction for the parameter. The only way for me to set this is by opening the specification dialog, which is a hassle.

I’m running version 6.2 (Build 20080206) of the Community Edition.

Thanks for the help,
Joe

Hello Joe,

We are sorry that currently we do not support defining the direction of parameter inline. We will consider support this in the future. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hi Rain,

Thank you for the quick reply. It’s a shame that it doesn’t support inline parsing of the complete grammar, but good to hear your considering it.

I saw in another post in the forum that it was possible to show parameter direction in the diagram by selecting a context-menu item. It seems that this is no longer possible. Is there a setting somewhere else?

Thanks again,
Joe

Hello Joe,

We are considering support this and I’ll keep you informed on any news about this issue.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hi Joe,

I’m Lilian Wong, another member of support team. We have enhanced our application to allow defining parameter direction in the popup menu of the parameter (you may refer to the image below).

You can download the latest version Community Edition and request a license key from the Download site in our website (Download Visual Paradigm. Try it FREE)

If there is anything I can help, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

parameter_direction.png