Code Generation

I am using VP-UML standalone (I’m on MacOS X / Eclipse and none of the integrations are functional yeet :frowning: ), and I can’t seem to figure out how to generate code from a class diagram.
Is there a way to do this without the IDE integration?

Thanks,
Jeff

Dear jeffelo,

Thank you for your message. We are sorry that the starting from 5.0 version, the code generation features must performed with the IDE Integration. Our engineers are now fixing the integration problem on Mac. On the mean time, I suggest you can try the SDE for IntelliJ IDEA to test out the code engineering features.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain

[quote=Rain]Dear jeffelo,

Thank you for your message. We are sorry that the starting from 5.0 version, the code generation features must performed with the IDE Integration. Our engineers are now fixing the integration problem on Mac. On the mean time, I suggest you can try the SDE for IntelliJ IDEA to test out the code engineering features.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain
[/quote]

Rain,

:? I wasn’t clear on your answer above. Does that mean that if you want code generation then you need to go with the SDE starting from 5.0 or that this is a bug that will be fixed for VP-UML?

( I’m still trying to determine whether to purchase the VP-UML or SDE-NB. By the way, the tech support I’ve received from my other questions is great! )

Dear Corey,

Thanks for replying. VP-UML provides the IDE Integration (Professional Edition or above) for performing code engineering. You can integrate the VP-UML with various IDEs, including Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA… The major difference between VP-UML IDE Integration and SDE are SDE is embedded inside the IDE which has the same look & feel also share the same VM. It only takes one process when both IDE and SDE are launched. VP-UML IDE Integration is works in parallel with the IDE. The VP-UML and IDE are work in different process (different VM). The two applications communicate with each other to perform the code/model synchronization. The VP-UML will have similar look & feel to the IDE when performing the integration. For more information about the SDE-NB and VP-UML, please visit http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/sde/nb/sdenbfaq.jsp

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Rain