Collaboration Sequence Numbers

I am struggling to express sequences of staggered messages in the collaboration diagram. VPSE insists on numbering them chronological however I need to state that a new message is sent prior to the previous one having a response e.g. 1, 2, 2.1, 2.1.1, 3 instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 indicating 2.1 is sent as a result of 2 and 2.1.1 is sent as a result of 2.1. This seems to be a standard way of expressing staggered messages. How would I express this scenario in VPSE ?

Dear Tiaan,

Right-click on the Collaboration Diagram and select Reorder Messages. Then you will be able to define the desired sequence number in the dialog box.

Regards,

Antony.

I’m having the exact same problem with version 4.1. Except that right-clicking on the diagram brings up a menu that does not contain Reorder Messages. What’s the matter here ??

Thanks in advance,

Boris

Dear Boris,

This feature will be available again in the next release.

Regards,

Antony.

I am getting into much trouble with the same problem. Expressing explicitly that a message will occur after two others which were not time related seems not to be possible for the moment, I hope it will be available in the next release… Have you already got an idea of when the next release will be available ?

Albert

Dear Albert,

Thank you for your interest to our product. There is no definite date of the next release at the moment, but I will notify you by email once it is available.

Regards,

Antony.