Composite Structure Diagram Ports

Hi

Can anybody tell me why the visibility and type of ports are not shown in the composite structure diagram. I can not find any options to make it visible.

Thanks.

Hi ottacher,

Current only the port name appear near a port. Why do you think the visibility and type should appear as well?

Best regards,
Jick

Hi ottacher,

We have changed the presentation of port caption to make it show the type and visibility (if defined). Please download and install the patch at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200710/Patch/sp1_20071101w/VP_Suite_Windows_3_1_sp1_20071101w.exe

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick

Thanks for your patch.
To your question, why this is usefully.
I try to implement the UML RT definition with class diagram and composite structure diagram.
In this case the Port type is the specified protocol between two ports. Also the visibility of the port define if it is an internal or external port. If this is shown in the composite structure diagram from the port specification no additional text change of the name is necessary to display the information.

Thanks
Harald Ottacher

Hi Harald,

Thank you for your reply. I understand your need now. Should you have any comment about the patch, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick

Thanks for your quick response. The patch works very well. I hope it will be implemented also in the next official version.

Best regards,
Harald Ottacher

Hi Harald,

Certainly, this will be available in the next official release.

Best regards,
Jick