Connecting diagram element copies in Agilian 3.1 not possible anymore?

Hi

Apparently Agilian 3.1 doesn’t allow connections to diagram element clones. With previous versions we were able to connect copies of diagram elements.

Is there any way to regain this behaviour? I guess its not allowed anymore to prevent sequence loops?

(We use copies of diagram elements to mark activities which involve more than one lane)

Thanks
Milan

To visualize my problem:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6420/agilian31clones.jpg
(You can ignore the group, it doesn’t matter if it contains all the acticvity clones or not, it still doesnt want to connect them)

Hello Kubmi,

Thanks for your message but it seems the image cannot be show up. Can you send it to me again?

Best regards,
Rain

Hello Kubmi,

Thanks for sending me the screenshot by email. I just tried to simulate your case but cannot repeat the problem. Would you mind send me your project for checking?

Best regards,
Rain

Basically you can reproduce the problem by following these steps:

1)Drag a task [1] into a diagram.
2)Copy the task [1] (copy&paste)
3)Try to connect [1] and [1copy]

This doesnt seem to work with Agilian Simulacian 3.1 but worked with the previous releases.

Thanks
Milan

Hello Milan,

When you paste the model, you using the simple paste? or paste model element? The simple paste is only pasting another instance of the model you selected, while paste model element is really doing a clone.

Best regards,
Rain

I’ve done it using simple paste because I didn’t want an additional model in my project.

Using previous versions of Agilian I was able to connect these “not real clones”. With Agilian 3.1 Simulacian it doesnt work anymore. You have to create real clones using “paste model” inorder to connect them.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards
Milan

Hello Milan,

As I know we haven’t change this in recent release. Would you mind send me your project file to have a look? You can send your project to support-team@visual-paradigm.com (include the URL of this forum post) in case you don’t want to disclose it to public. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rain