Corrupted file

I worked on a relatively large project yesterday (about 14 diagrams), and I was dismayed this morning when I opened the file to find that a couple of the diagrams were corrupted. In both cases, all the symbols in the diagram appeared in the right places, but they displayed no text. When I tried to open their specifications dialog, I couldn’t because it wasn’t included in their context menu. In fact, the model elements that the symbols represented were not among the model elements for the project. I managed to rebuild the work in about an hour, but I don’t know what caused this. From now on, I’m backing up the file as I save. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi Nimrand,

We are sorry for this problem. May I have your project file and the log file for checking what the cause is? You could send to my email address at:
jick@visual-paradigm.com

(We will keep all your files confidential)

Regarding the back up, is there any file that are placing at the same folder as your project file, and with extension .vpp~? They are all backup files. You can rename them to .vpp and open them. I guess this maybe helpful for you to recover your works.

Best regards,
Jick

[quote=Jick]Hi Nimrand,

We are sorry for this problem. May I have your project file and the log file for checking what the cause is? You could send to my email address at:
jick@visual-paradigm.com

(We will keep all your files confidential)

Regarding the back up, is there any file that are placing at the same folder as your project file, and with extension .vpp~? They are all backup files. You can rename them to .vpp and open them. I guess this maybe helpful for you to recover your works.

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]

Thank you. I tried this technique and my project was recovered. Actually that .vpp.bak~ file was itself a backup of the project so renaming it to .vpp, I counld open it with visual paradim and the project was there. Thank you alot