Create a heirarchical document (Model -> Package(s) -> Classes)

I have looked in the VP documents and searched on-line, but cannot find an easy answer to what I am trying to do.

I have a project that I want to document. From the trunk I have a series of models. Some of these models have sub-models. The models also have packages, some of which also contain packages. Finally, we get down to the classes within the packages. As an aside, I currently have some classes under models, not under packages - but I can clean those up if required.

I woudl like to create a document that lists/explains all the classes in the project. This, by itself, is relatively easy through . But I would like to structure this document through the Models and Packages. For example:

1 Model X
1.1 Sub-Models

• Model 1
  • Model 2

1.2 Package List

• Package 1
  • Package 2

1.3 - 1.n [Package Details] Package:
1.3.1 Sub-Package list

• Sub-package 1
  • Sub-package 2

1.3.2 Classes

• Class 1
  • Class 2

While a sub-model would be listed as belonging to a particular model, the sub-model would get its own Level-1 heading when exposing the details (i.e. the document is not intended to be infinitely recursive). Similarly for packages under a model.

The key thing for me is that the classes are described under the relevant packages, and not just listed without context. Particularly because a couple of the packages have similar class names within.

What I have tried is to call a document template XML snippet recursively, but did not get any results from that. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for late reply.

About how to generate the Model / Package / Classes, the following sample may help you:

What I have tried is to call a document template XML snippet recursively, but did not get any results from that.

I think there may be something wrong in your template, would you mind post your template here, let me try to find out the problem?