Create SQL in community edition

I am trying to generate SQL from an ERD. Every time I go to Copy SQL -> Create Tables, enter my database details, and click ok, it does nothing.

How can I do this?

Hi jagdipa,

Please try open a text editor and trigger the ‘Paste’ command. You should be able to read the SQL copied from the ERD.

By the way, if you can see the ‘Copy SQL’ menu, this means that the build that you are using is not the most updated one. From our latest release, the ‘Copy SQL’ menu is replaced by ‘Generate SQL…’. By selecting ‘Generate SQL…’, a dialog will appear and let you edit and copy the SQL on your own.

If there are any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Jick

Great, thanks.

Can you tell me which versions this feature is available in.

Hi jagdipa,

This feature is already available in VP Suite 2.2 20060517. You can advance this build by running the updater inside the bin folder of VP Suite (i.e. $vp-suite-install-dir/bin/VP Suite Update 2.2.exe)

Best Regards,
Jick

Sorry - what I meant to ask was which package this feature is available in? I.e. Community Edition, Personal Edition, etc.

Will I still be able to generate SQL in the Community Edition/Personal Edition - just not connect to the database and run it?

Dear jagdipa,

I regret to say this feature is only available in Professional and Enterprise Edition.

Best Regards,
Jick