Customize User interface diagram

Hi,

I already posted this question in the tutorial website, but I thinks it’s better asked here.
I’m totally new to VP and i’m already loving it, and maybe going to buy the program (yes, all the features which VP offers answers almost to all of my requirements!!!). Interested by the possibility of developing a plugin (which could potentially fit all my needs), I’m wondering if I could really customize whatever I want for all kinds of diagrams? And where could I find detail documents about all plugins extensions?
For example, in the User Interface diagram, I’d like to add a new property named “Status” (which has 2 values: enable and disable) for Client Application UI: “Button”, and then changing this “status” property will accordingly change the presentation of the Button in the diagram.

Regards,
BUI

Dear BUI,

Having enable/disable for button component is meaningful. I have discussed with our developers and we confirmed to support it. We will be supporting it in VP-UML 8.3. We have to have at ready by the end of this year.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick,

Thanks for your news :).
I was expecting that not only the button, but also other elements such as Text field, Combo Box etc… could be disable/enable, too because that’s how a normal GUI would probably have.

Regards,
BUI

Hi BUI,

You are right. We will also support other UI components.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick,

I’d like to develop another feature for the User interface diagram, again (this is the only diagram that no other tools could offer like VP does, that’s why I chose it for my business :thumbup: ), but this feature could be useful for any other diagrams. It’s an assistant which helps user to enter a name of a component, by displaying the list of names already used (by the same type of component). When we have to model many diagrams and sub-diagrams, there are risks that same elements (which have same name) will be misnamed. I don’t know if this would be even considered for any further release (i mean in a short time, not in a couple of years…)? By the way, if I buy the licence, would I have the possibility to contribute my development to the application, because I have so many requests that maybe all of them could not be fulfilled… then I’d like to do it myself, as you know, buying such a big product must assure my business needs, even VP fits 90% my requirements, I still need to cover the 10% and would like to have a flexible way to do that.

Another thing is about the Reference feature. I find it really helpful by having references between elements (reference to & referenced by) within different diagrams (in particular when we have to model so many diagrams). Almost all components have this feature, though the Generic Connector doesn’t have this Reference thing at all. Other components can have references to it but there’s nothing to know this connector is referenced by what… I think it’s critical in my humble opinion, and love to have it fixed for next release?!

Last but not least, I think there’s a bug with the Reference tab in the UI specification popup windows.
Every time I open an item in the list (by double click, or right click then Open), there’s always a popup captioned “Properties Modified” with the message: “Apply changes?”, even when I didn’t modify anything at all!!!

Thank you for your support.
Regards,
BUI

Hi
I want to design UI in VP…
I need to have a combo box in my page. I config combo box items in its open specification and publish my project. But my combo box is not active in published page!
How can I do it?
Thanks

Hi user,

Unfortunately, the UI (diagram) in published outcome is just an image. Therefore, behaviors of components in UI diagram are not supported. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung