Debug mode for plugins does not work on Eclipse

Hi,
I am developing a plugin for Visual paradigm on Eclipse and to debug it I followed the steps presented in this guide: Debug your plugins with Eclipse - Visual Paradigm Know-how, but even having followed the guide step by step, debugging does not work and this is what is shown:

The only difference I found with the guide is that I am missing the lib08.jar library, which is not in the “lib” folder of the Visual Paradigm directory. I don’t know if that’s the problem.
Below I leave the console log.
Log debug.log (56.6 KB)
How can I solve this problem?
Thank you in advance for your reply and have a good day.

Hi m.ricchiuti13,

Thank you for your post. I have passed your case to our engineers for further studies. When there is any news, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi m.ricchiuti13,

Could you try again by adding the following JVM arguments?

–add-exports java.desktop/com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.desktop/javax.swing.text=ALL-UNNAMED

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick,
Thanks so much for your help. Your suggestion is partially right because I should add the following JVM arguments:

--add-exports java.desktop/com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.desktop/javax.swing.text=ALL-UNNAMED --add-exports java.desktop/com.sun.java.swing.plaf.motif=ALL-UNNAMED

I’m writing this because if anyone has the same problem they can find the solution here.

Hi m.ricchiuti13,

Many thanks. I will share your finding with our development team. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Jick Yeung