decorators for Tasks, Stages and Milestones (e.g. “Manual Activation Decorator” on https://www.visual-paradigm.com/guide/cmmn/cmmn-example/) exists in CMMN.
How do I activate a decorator in Visual Paradigm in CMMN diagrams?
E.g. how can I place the symbol for “Manual Activation Decorator” on a Task?
Here are the steps to add decorators:
- After creating a Task Plan Item (e.g. Human Task Plan Item), open its specification.
- By default “Synchronize with definition” is checked. Uncheck it.
- The “Item control” field becomes enabled, select “Create Plan Item Control…”.
- In the Plan Item Control Specification window that pops up, select “Manual Activation Rule” in the “Manual activation rule” field.
- Click OK to all the pending dialog boxes.
You should be able to see the decorator.
Alternatively, since a plan item is associated with a definition, you can set the item control of a definition using above steps, then later created plan items can associate with this definition, without setting each plan item one by one:
- Open Model Explorer by pressing Ctrl+Shift-O
- The definition model element appears in orange, while the plan item appears in green.
- Use similar steps as above, but this time update the “Default control” of definition not plan item.
- When later created plan item points to this definition (need to enable by unchecking “Synchronize with definition” first otherwise you cannot set the definition of a plan item), it will inherits the item control properties as decorators.
Hope this helps,