Defining systems and metadata for them, ERD diagrams

hi i want to create a system landscape diagram. There are 300 systems in this ecosystem. I want to capture 10 pieces of metadata for each system. I want to create charts of the systems using the metadata. I want to capture the integrations between the systems including the data passed through the integrations. Is this possible in your online version? Can I define the column names for the fields that will store the metadata for the systems.

I also want to upload a database schema with 300 tables in it and create an ERD. Can I do this and then extend the entity relationship datamodel in your online tool?

Hi Cliff,

You can create a system landscape diagram with the block diagram. Click on the link to open the editor:

Visual Paradigm Online is a diagramming software and does not support diagram generation from a given source. Therefore, you have to draw the diagram manually.

About forming ERD from your database schema, please try Visual Paradigm Desktop. The desktop version of Visual Paradigm is a modeling software that supports engineering features like database and code generation and reversal. You can form ERD from database or DDL, as well as to generate database and DDL from diagram. For more details, please visit:

You can download Visual Paradigm here:

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Ok but in visio when I draw a diagram i can define metadata against the system objects and use the metadata with layering. Can i do something similar with your tool?

Hi Cliff,

It is not supported. Sorry about this. I have forwarded your post to our team for future feasibility studies. When there is any news, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung