Deployment diagram

There is a way to put the name of a node in the top of the component ?. The name always appears in the center.

This option is not currently available in VP-UML.

Regards,

Antony.

Antony,

How soon do you think the features of being able to change the text position will be available?

Thank You,
Henry

Any subcomponents are bound to cover the text of the containing node/component, thus rendering this diagramming facility useless. When will the capability to reposition labels/text be available?

This problem will be fixed in VP-UML version 3.1, which will be released within the coming week.

Antony.

Has this been fixed? We are using Visual Paradigm for UML 4.0 and 4.1 and can not figure out how-to move the components label to the upper-left corner. This is really an issue for us since we model subm-components frequently.

I’m trying to do the same thing on a component diagram in VP-UML 4.1. I just can’t figure out how to move the component label off of center.

Hi user,

As I know the component label is now put at the top of the component shape. I suggest you give a try to our latest release - VP-UML 5.2.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I’ve discovered the component labels usualy are now aligned with the top center (in version 4.1). They start out in the middle, but when the file is saved they seem to be automatically adjusted to the top. (I guess I wasn’t saving the file before.)

This usually works fine, although I do have one component that for some reason still has its name label in the center. However, the work around I’m using now is to just add a bunch of CRs after the label to raise it up.

Hi, I would suggest you try our latest release. As I remember the notation for component has been updated, so as the presentation of component inside the tool.