Diagram patched happens many times when update or check out teamwork projects

Hi guys
Many times when I check out or update a team project, I get a dialog saying the diagram has been patched and due to this sometimes the diagrams are not displayed correctly
For example, sometimes BPMN pools are placed with some distance from the left and top of the chart or the elements are stacked on top of each other or the communication lines between the elements are cut
Please note that this problem occurs frequently, not just occasionally, and cannot be ignored
This is this dialog:
Untitled

An example of auto space creation

I want to know what causes the diagrams to not be displayed correctly for different users? Is this a bug in the software or it depends on things like monitor resolution, graphics card, etc ?

Hi Mamad,

Thank you for your post. I have forwarded your post to our engineers to follow up. When there is any news I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

1 Like

Hi @Jick
Is there any news about this issue?

Hi Mamad,

Your case is already in the queue. When there are any updates, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Mamad,

The diagram patching happens when multiple users work on the same diagram. There are many possible causes and here is one:

1. A user renamed a shape from “Task” to “T1”
  2. Another user renamed the same task to “T2” and commit
  3. Conflict is detected and is resolved by the team member

The caption bounds are therefore recalculated

Although we are unable to point out the cause of your case (because there are too many possibilities and variations), we believe that your case is caused by similar reason. To avoid this from happening again, please try to avoid having multiple members edit the same diagram.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

hi Jick, that’s helpful but I get the “diagram patched” popup frequently when synching (team commit) even on projects where there are no other team members.

I agree with @brynwales and I think there is another reason for this problem
In fact, I’m suspicious of things like the difference in size or resolution of monitors or even graphics processors between team members

Thank you and I will share your comments with our developers.

I was searching for information about “Diagram Patched”. I would like to understand the behavior of this functionality, and why it is necessary. I only found this thread.
I was looking for information because we several times see a lot of changes in the list of the commit command that we haven’t made by intention. In many cases it does not seem to be a problem, but when we work more than one person on the same diagram it can cause a lot of conflicts, which are annoying to handle.

Furthermore one of my collegues have seen “Diagram Patched” as a consequence of change of screen resolution caused by undocking / docking the computer. This observation seems alike what @Mamad mentioned.

@Jick can you help with this issue - its annoying and it’s a cause of unwanted versions because mades changes by him self !?
OK, Im changing my mind - its stupid functionality!

Please help to disable it and definetivly get rid of this?

I am seeing this “diagram patched” problem, too. I am the only person contributing to a team project. And some of my diagrams are getting messed up as well. Could we have an application or project preference setting to disable this?