Display user-type of the table column in a ER diagram

I am using the the VP enterprise edition to draw ER diagram, in a table, a column is of a user type, but in the diagram, it always show the system defined data type, even i put user type in the specification. this is wrong information when see it from the diagram. how to make the user type shown in the diagram?

Thanks
Noah

Dear Noah,

Thank you for your post. I guess the article below is what you are looking for:
http://resource.visual-paradigm.com/vpsuite2.3sp1/user_type.html

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

thanks for your response. I saw this doc page before, and it is not what I mean.

but as in the example on the link you mentioned, in the diagram, the type of name filed is still showing “varchar”, not enum('red", “green”, “blue”). you may argu that one of the enum value is of varchar type. but here is what I want:

I have a table column with name “idList” and I want the idList to be a char [] type (which is supported by the database i am using). I put "char [] " in the “User Type” filed of column specification, but the “char []” is not displayed in the ER diagram and a system-defined type that I have to choose is displayed.

Hope i made my problem clear!
Noah

Hello Noah,

Thank you for your reply. I will consult our developers, and come back to you as soon as I can.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Noah,

Please try this:
Right-click on the ER diagram and select Presentation Options > Show Column User Type from the popup menu.

Best regards,
Jick

usertype.png

1 Like