Document Structure in Report Writer

Hi

I’m playing around with capabilities of the ReportWriter tool to generate customized documentations on the fly.

One requirement I have is: A person which writes the documentation, should be free in structuring the document.

But if I’m adding a diagram to the document it adds it always with a chapter title on level 1. The same is with other templates. Each template is statically bound to a predefined level. I can change the level (setting the cursor at the beginning of a paragraph and press the -Key to increase the level). But after I press the “Update from Model” button all titles are reseted to the predefined level. :shock:

Is there any possibility to change this behavior?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,
Walter

Hi Walter,

Thank you for your post. Currently we do not support your request. I’ll forward your post to our team for further feasibility studies. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Walter,

In the latest version of VP-UML we’ve enhanced the Report Writer to increase the reliability and introduced several new features. You can drag content to report, and press Tab in front of a header to make it appear one level deeper.

I invite you download it and have a try. URL:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/

If there’s anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Best regards,
Jick