Documentation of operation parameters

Hello,

I’m using VP-UML SE 6.2 (SP 1) and trying to document operation parameters in the report writer.

Here’s an example:
I’ve got a class “foo” with a method “bar”. The method contains a parameter “param”. I entered a documentation inside the parameter specification of “param”.

How it is possible to output this documentation in the report writer? The method “bar” only offers the following elements inside the report generator: “Basic Information”, “Documentation”, “Parameters”, “Tagged Values” and “Template Parameters”. But none of them outputs the documentation of the parameters inside the model. The element “Parameters” only outputs the name, type and direction of the parameters.

So it is possible to output the documentation of operation parameters? Otherwise I would have to specify the documentation of the operation parameters inside the report generator manually, which is suboptimal…

Thanks in advance!

DarkHelmet

Hi DarkHelmet,

Thanks for your post. I’ve forwarded the details to our engineers to follow-up. Once there is any feedback, I’ll come back to you immediately. If there are any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi DarkHelmet,

For the issue of operation parameter documentation in Report Writer, you can add it by editing the template file of operation.

We’ve prepared the template file for you in order to have documentation of operation parameter in Report Writer, it’s attached below. Please put it into %VP-installation-directory%/resources/Report/Default/Operation folder.
Please note that the table may be small for showing documentation, so you may remove the “direction” field on your own.

Also, you can take a look at the flash movie in the below link, it shows you details steps of how to edit and apply the template file (attached below) to the Report Writer in order to add documentation of operation parameter.
By referring to this flash movie, you will be able to modify the template for Report Writer to fit your need.
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200805/Lilian/movie/demo.htm

I hope these can help. If there are any inquiries, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong
ParametersWithDocumentation.xml

Hello Ms. Wong,

many thanks for your quick response! Your solution works perfectly. Now it is possible to document the operation parameters. Maybe this solution can be integrated in the next release/sp/bugfix of VP-UML? I think I’m not the only one who wants to document operation parameters.

Best regards

DarkHelmet

Hi DarkHelmet,

Thanks for replying and your kind suggestion. I’ll forward your suggestion to our development team to investigate the possibility to support it. If there are any news about this issue, I’ll come back to you immediately.

If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong