Does dbva generate hbm.xml files?

I believe dbva suppose to generate hbm.xml files, but I am finding it hard how to generate them. I used the Tools->ORM -> wizard and selected generate code and database from class diagram. but where can i find the hbm.xml files? If this is possible, is there a way to map a class to multiple tables or vice-versa?

One major bug with using dbva on Mac OS X (10.3) is, after using any wizards under tools once, next time it doesnt open up. i can navigate and click the menu item but doesnt show up after the first time. have to quit the application and open again to use the function. I am using the evaluation version and downloaded the latest version (VP_Suite_MacOSX_2_0_20050624.sit)

Thanks
Kevin

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your message. You can map a class to multiple tables through the following steps:

1. Synchronize the class(es) to the ERD by Right click on the class diagram and select Synchronization to Entity Relationship Diagram
  2. In the generated ERD, select the entity that you want to map into multiple table, then choose the One-to-One Relationship > Partial Table resource
  3. In the Split Table dialog, specify the name of the partial table and select the attributes which will be stored. Press OK to commit.
  4. After that your original table will map into multiple tables.

For the unable to open wizard in the second time problem, we have tested on our 10.4 and cannot reproduce our situation. Could you mind send me the vp.log file to have a look? You can find the vp.log file inside the bin directory of the VP Suite. Please send it to rain@visual-paradigm.com. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Rain

Hi,

I have sent you the log file. I was trying to follow your instruction for syncronizing the class diagram to ERD, but dint get it to work. I opened one of the Sample diagram, Vehicle, that came with VP suite and opened the class diagram “Vehicle Structure” and in the class diagram window I right clicked on the diagram and selected “Syncronize to Entity Relationship Diagram”. The ERD window opened up but was blank no entities in the diagram! Am i missing something?

Also please let me know if I can generate hbm.xml files for using with hibernate. If there is no option for this, then I no need to waste time trying to see how to do the ORM with dbva.

Thanks
Kevin

Dear Kevin,

Thanks for replying. Please make sure you have specified the stereotypes ORM Persistable your classes in order to synchronize it into ERD. Sorry that I forgot to mention this first.

For the wizard problem, I’ve forwarded your file to our engineers to follow-up. Once there are any feedbacks, I’ll comeback to you immediately. Thank you very much for your help.

When generating persistence code, the hbm.xml files will also being generated. You can find it inside the %output dir%/src/ormmapping directory.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain