Does sequence diagram reverse engineering from Java source code work with packages and directories hierarchies?

I am trying to use Visual Paradigm (without success) to reverse engineer call sequence from Java source code and I am stuck in the “operations aren’t listed” phase.

Tried this

The code base I work with has many nested packages and obviously sources in hierarchical directories under maven convention source tree (in [project]/src/java/main/com/domain/foo/bar/features…).

Is the comment "and there is another problem every class has to be directly below src folder " from one of the comments in the KB thread still applicable ?

0 Likes

Hi,

The folder structure must match the package structure.
e.g.
project/src/org/test/Main.java:
package org.test;
public class Main {
}

You must select project/src folder in this case. i.e. the same as IDE’s source folder.
In your case, you should select [project]/src/java/main. And you can select multiple source folders.

0 Likes

Thank you. That worked perfectly.
The trick was to start at the top and then browse through the tree to select an action from the package I was interested in. My mistake earlier was to use one of the subpackages folders at the first step (as I was interested only in one particular action and not the full tree). I like this software and support.

0 Likes