I would like to have a tool capable of drawing layered DFD-diagrams with consistency checks between the layers. … However I am not so sure that Visual Paradigm supports that … hopefully I am wrong.
So what I would like is:
- starting with a context diagram (DFD0)
- adding deeper layers (DFD1 - n) by clicking on a proves one level higher
- and that the program is showing and checking if the input and output flows of level “n” and “n-1” are matching
- so suppose on level0 there is an order
- and on level1 a delivery address is needed, than the order should contain an delivery address other wise there is an error / inconsistency
- of course a report containing all data flows etc should be available
As indicated I am looking for a tool which is able to do this, and I was using one very long ago (Teamwork), but I can not find one. I downloaded the Visual Paradigm test version, hoping that paradigm has this functionality, but that is not my actual feeling
Hopefully I am wrong. If so could any one explain how to do this or perhaps send a link to a side where this is explained?
If not is there an other free or not to expensive tool which could do that?