Duplicate processes

is there anyway to link a process on one diagram to an actual process on another page?

say you have a 3 page diagram. page 1 has process 1, and page 2 also has process 1. i’d like to link process 1 on page 2 to the drilled down process definition on page 3 but can’t seem to find out how. anyone got any ideas?

some of the other s/w i’m trying out has a ‘refer to’ feature specifically for this.

Hi ksain,

When you created a subprocess, you press the ‘+’ sign, you will be brought to a new diagram. Then, you can drill down from the process to the diagram by double-clicking on the process shape. Is this what you need?

Best regards,
Jick

not quite. let me try and expand on my previous example.

page 1 is a mini assembly line process flow. one of the subprocess on that page is called “packaging” and when you click on it, it drills down and shows you the entire packaging process.

page 2 is a mini repair line process flow. one of its subprocess is the same exact “packaging” process.

page 3 is the packaging process.

instead of me having to duplicate the packaging subprocess for both pages, i want to link both “packaging” process to the same exact page 3 definition.

does that clear it up any?

Hi ksain,

I guess copy and paste could help. Please copy the suprocess in page 1 (Ctrl C) and paste in page 2 (Ctrl V). This will cause both subprocesses (actually, there is only one subprocess in model level) share the same linked diagram.

Best regards,
Jick