Easy Way to Format Font Across Project?

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if there is an easy way to format the font within the “Documentation” for all diagrams and shapes within each digram to be consistent across the project without doing each one by one?

I have copied and pasted from various sources so the format pasted is not consistent. The major issue comes when I generate a report and get several different font types and sizes.

Thanks,

Laura :slight_smile:

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your post. You can set the default font size on documentation at Tools > Options > Diagramming > Environment (see attached image), this setting will apply to newly created shapes.

About the problem of inconsistent format, would you mind to send me a sample project file, and a screenshot of the inconsistent problem? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

default_font_setting_of_documentation.png

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your email sent to my email address. I’ve forwarded the details to our engineers to follow-up. Once there is any news on this issue, I’ll come back to you immediately.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Laura,

I’m sorry for my late response. By checking the project file, some of your documentation has different font style from default, and that is due to copied from other sources, which may cover font style already.

You can select all text in your documentation to set them to default font size and font family to resolve the problem.
Alternatively, you can select “Make font style consistent with the rest of the report” when generate report.

Hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is any further inquiry.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lillian,

Thanks for your reply. I think maybe I have not explained what I was asking very well.

I know the issue has been caused by copying and pasting from different sources into the documentation. I also know I can change the font for the documentation individually for all objects. What I wanted to know was if I could select more than one object, or preferably all objects in a project at the same time and format the font for the documentation in one easy step, rather than one by one? If I select multiple objects and then Format -> Font, it only formats the Task Caption, not the documentation.

Also, when creating a report I do not have the option: “Make font style consistent with the rest of the report” . I only have: "“Make font size consistent with the rest of the report”. This does not fix the problem if the copy sources have different fonts.

Thanks,

Laura

Hi Laura,

Thanks for replying. We are sorry that currently we do not support changing font format for multiple model elements or all model elements in the project, but I’ve passed this issue to our development team to study if we can support this in the future. If there is any news on this issue, I’ll come back to you.

At the moment, you will need to change the font format in documentation one by one, we are sorry about this. Maybe you can switch to the Documentation pane (see image below of where is the pane) so that you can change the documentation directly in the pane when you select a model instead of opening its specification dialog.

Please feel free to contact me if there is any further question.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

documentation_pane.png