Eclipse: unable to create java code with EE

I’m running a trial version of SDE Enterprise Edition (Linux, Eclipse 3.3.0, SDE 4.2).

I can see the feature buttons for code generation and model update (and auto synchronization) but they are disabled.

I already used it with the same versions on a windows XP machine where i created a class diagram and generated the code.
Now - the same project shared via SVN - i can not update the code/update the model.

Why is this so? Do i have to fix some settings to enable code/model update?

Sincerely,
Peter Schmidt

Hi Peter Schmidt,

Thanks for your post. Could you please send me the vp.log file and some screenshots for me the estimate the problem? Thanks in advance!

FYI, you can find the vp.log file inside the eclipse directory.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

I had a look on the log file and … there are a couple of errors…

See the attached file vp.log

About the screenshots: I marked the disabled menu options and buttons.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Peter
vp.log

vp-screenshot2.png

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the screenshot and the vp.log file. According to your vp.log, you are using SDE Standard Edition for Eclipse. Round-trip engineering is not supported in SDE Standard Edition, please use Instant Generator and Instant Reverse (after starting up SDE for Eclipse, select Modeling > Instant Generator/Reverse on the menubar) instead.

Please be reminded that every time when you use Instant Generator/Reverse, it will overwrite all the codes/ models.

If there are any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Dearest Mrs Wong!

I have to admit, that i made a mistake during the installation. I did not set the Version of SDE to Enterprise Edition.

Thanks for your help! I will try to be more attentive the next time.

Best regards,
Peter Schmidt

Hi Peter Schmidt,

Never mind and you are welcome. If there are any inquiries in the future, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong