ERD, DB tables filtering

I’ve configured database (as shown below) and connected to it. After that i can see all tables and just drag and drop them to ERD. But it’s a bit inconvenient to find required tables looking through all the system tables. Is it possible to filter tables in such way to eliminate system tables?

P.S. When i do the same using wizard (Tools | ORM | Reverse Database) i don’t see system tables.

Visual Paradigm version is 3.4.

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. In the wizard of database reverse, you are able to select the schema you want to reverse so you did not see the system tables. But in ORM pane (the lower image you attach) you cannot select schema and you will see system tables showing there.

If you want to have the schema you want only, you need to use Tools > ORM > Reverse Database / Wizard… The reversed tables from selected schema will exist in Model Explorer pane.

If there is any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

As far as Model Explorer shows all models in a project it’s difficult to find there required entities also. Especially if a lot of diagrams exist. Of cause, i can group models by type, but it would be very nice to include additional option (choosing schema) in Database Configuration for ORM pane to filter unnecessary tables.

Hi user,

Thanks for replying. Could you please tell me that: if you think the entities are useful/important that you need to view them in the ORM pane, why don’t you reverse those table/related schema to your project and ERD?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong