ERD Diagram table/constraint descriptions => postgresql comments

Hi, I’ve found very usful the feature in ERD diagram, which allows to generate SQL from ERD with comments included from table descriptions. For me it is only working for tables. There are no comments generated for constraint although I’ve added to the model. Is there anyway to generate SQL script from ERD diagram with constraint comments?

Hi Jerzy,

Thank you for your inquiry. Currently, we do not support modeling comment constraints. I have forwarded your post to our team to study.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

That would be very helpful, since ERD diagram is composed of entities (Tables) and relations (constraints) , having both would make the database self-documenting. When are you going to implement this feature ?

Hi Jerzy,

According to our developers, we will try to support Postgres, but we don’t have a timeframe yet. I will post again when there is any update.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jerzy,

Your case has been supported in the latest patch build. Please perform an update to advance to the latest patch build (16_2_20210130am or higher) to obtain the fix. The screenshots below shows you how things work.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung