Erd issues (branch, relations)

Hello,

We use VP (Version16.3) for drawing erd about our data warehouse model without database connection. All of team mates draw diagram on different branch.

When we complete drawing erd on branch, we merge branch to trunk.

But when we merge to trunk, we lose pk column, connector shape and primary-foreing key relation.

How can we fix this problem?
Branch image:
Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 21.23.26

Trunk image after merged branch:
Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 21.25.11

Also we face an other problem when we want to make relation between primary key to associate column ,that we already select the relation below (image 1), visual paradigm adding extra column to entity automatically. We dont want to add extra column. If we delete extra columns, relationship disappears. How can we fix this problem?

image 1:
Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 21.28.52

Example that entity with problem:
Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 21.28.25

Best regards.

Thank you for your inquiry. The loss of PK should be caused by the loss of relationship. To diagnose this problem we first need to find out when this problem happen. May I know:

1. What is the revision of project after perform merge?
  2. The relationship loss from which revision in trunk? You can go to Team > Utilities > Open Teamwork Client, then select the project and switch to Revisions tab to open older revisions.

This can help to diagnose the cause of the problem you experiencing.

And about the FK mapping you should able to press on the FK column name to list out all columns in the entity, and then pick a column as the FK.

Feel free to contact me for any quetsions and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your response.

1. the last revision that after merging brach.
    2.the last revision that after merging brach.

Do you know what is the reason of problem? If we dont fix problem, all teammates must draw diagram on trunk and Visual Paradigms branch feature meaningless for us.

For the second problem, we pick FK same way (like your image). But VP still adds extra FK column to entity.

If you want, we cam make meeting for our problems.

Update note: Maybe problems related with updates. Because we created branch and drew diagram. After that we updated VP. After updated we merged branch to trunk.

Bes regards.

Our engineers tried your case but was unable to repeat both problems you experienced. For the merge branch issue it could be influence by the change history for both trunk and branch. Would it be possible that you can tell me more details about the issue, such as the modification history of both trunk and branch so that we can help you to analyze on it?

For the select FK issue would it be possible that you can send me you project file for checking? You can send us the detail by email to support@visual-paradigm.com. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.