ERD: sample data reference problem

Hi,

I have a field MM_MEASUREMENTEQUIPMENT.id_mm_measurement with 2 FK’s FK_MM_ENVIRONMENT_EQUIPMENT and FK_MMEQUIPMENT to 2 superior tables (MM_MEASUREMENT, MM_MEASUREMENTENVIRONMENT).

What I want to model is:

• There are 2 types of measurment processes:
    MM_MEASUREMENT: table for default measurement tasks
    MM_MEASUREMENTENVIRONMENT: table for special tasks of environmental measurement (like temperature, humidity)
  • Both measurement types use the same tables MM_MEASUREMENTEQUIPMENT (and MM_MEASUREMENTSUPPLIES) to
    store the used equipment (1:n) and equipment supplies (1:m) during the measurement.
  • Therefore MM_MEASUREMENTEQUIPMENT.id_mm_measurement can be referenced by
    MM_MEASUREMENT.id_mm_measurement as well as by MM_MEASUREMENTENVIRONMENT.id_mm_measurement
  • Table MM_MEASUREMENTENVIRONMENT holds initial (sample) data of permanently conducted environmental measurements.

The problem is now, that the sample data table editor isn’t able to provide these sample data. The drop down list “id_mm_measurement (FK)” is empty. I guess, the reason is, that the sample data editor is using the relation FK_MMEQUIPMENT to table MM_MEASUREMENT (this table holds NO initial sample data). Please see the attached screenshot.

Is there are any possibility to force the sample data editor which referenced table with sample date must be used in case of existence of 2 FK’s connected to one table field?

With kind regards, Thomas

sampledata_problem.jpg