Error Message When Executing SDE 3.3 for Visual Studio

I have SDE 3.3 for Visual Studio Community Edition installed. When I start Visual Studio 2003 I don’t see SDE at all. There is SDE 3.3 on my start menu. When I execute it the VS environment comes up with an error message “Command “Tools.StartSDEVS” is not valid”. Could someone help me resolve this.

Also wondering if there are installation instructions. I was unable to find them.

Thanks
Roger Finks

Hi Roger,

According to your message, you have installed SDE_VS correctly. Could you start SDE within SDE-VS instead of from your start menu? You can start by choosing Tools | Start SDE-VS from the main menu.

Best Regards,
Jick

I am now able to run SDE 3.3 both from the Start menu and from within Visual Studio 2003. I uninstalled SDE and reinstalled and everything seems to be just fine.

I think what I might have done wrong during the first install was to accept the default version of Visual Studio which is 2005. Thus during the 2nd install I changed the drop down to 2003 and everything runs fine.

Thanks for your reply.

Roger Finks

Hi Roger,

Thanks for posting the status. Actually we support VS.NET 2005. I will talk to our engineers about your problem. Thank you.

Best Regards.
Jick