Expanded Resources-Centric Interface Option Should Be Aware of Canvas Window Border

This issue addresses the expansion of a Resources-Centric Interface’s (RCI) option. For example, when you hover over an association icon, two more icons are produced for aggregation and composition. The RCI itself is able to avoid being obscured by dodging the canvas window border.

Once in a while, I would have an entity near the border of the canvas window and while accessing the RCI icon that produces child icons, these children can sometimes be obscured by the window border. Thus, this feature suggestion is to modify how the RCI renders child icons by having it avoid rendering outside of the viewable window. For example, in the attached example, it would be ideal if the child icons are rendered stacked-down rather than stacked-up.

The current workaround is to move the entity away from a view window border and allow the RCI children to render as normal: stacked-up. I suppose this is a minor inconvenience but I figured I mention it here.

rci_cropped.png

Hi d6chung,

It has been a while since your last post. How are you? As always, thanks for sharing your great opinion with us.

I have forwarded your post to our engineers to study. If we decide to enhance it or have any plan, I will share with you here.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi d6chung,

Your request has been supported in the latest build of version 10.0. You can find the enhancement by running the update program and advance to the latest patch build.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

I’ve been moving so I have been offline for a bit but I’m glad to be settled in to look in these forums again!

Nice! I verified this enhancement with the latest build. Thanks!

You are welcome!

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2013! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: