Expanding and collapsing Embedded sub-process Problems

:scream:

Hi,

I have a process that is using two embedded sub-processes.

When I expand one of them hell breaks loose :scream:. The subprocess on the system lane increases of size without showing its content.

When I colapse the subprocess on the fund manager lane, the subprocess from the system lane doesn’t regain it’s original size.

Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong? This is really frustrating and driving me :peanuts:

Thanks!

Hi Filipe,

We are sorry for the problem you experienced. Can you export your diagram as a separate project and send to us so we can investigate this problem? You can do this by right-clicking on the diagram and select Export -> Export VP Project from the popup menu.

And please send to:

support-team@visual-paradigm.com

and include the link to this post in the email.

Thank you very much.

Antony.

Hey Antony. Thanks for getting back to me. I just emailed the diagram via a vpp. Let me know your thoughts as most of the system modeling will use embedded sub-processes. Also, you may also want to look into another issues I’m experiencing. The start and end events of the embedded sub-process can sometimes show outside the subprocess after we open the BPMN diagram.

This issues cause pain and I’m showing the processes to the end customer.

Thanks

Hi Filipe,

Sorry for the late reply. We have received the vpp file and we are now investigating the problems. We will get back to you once we have the findings. Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Antony.

Hi Filipe,

Sorry for the delay. The collapse and expand embedded sub-process problem you experienced should already fixed in the latest build. Would you please try update the software to latest build (20171001) and see is it work? Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hey Rain - so far so good. It looks like it is a lot smoother. Since this is something I use a lot I keep you guys in the loop. Thanks!!! :+1::grinning: