I am experimenting with exporting and importing requirements to/from Excel. What I have done is roughly:
- Create a new project, a new model and a requirements diagram
- I go to Window → Configuration → “Configure Requirement Types…”
- I add a new requirement type, called e.g. “Requirement2”
- I add the properties ID, Description, and a custom Text field to Requirement2
- In the requirements diagram, I create an ordinary requirement, and set some value on all properties
- I also create a “requirement2” and set some value on all properties
- I add a “Containment” link between the requirements
- I export the diagram to excel
- When I open the excel file, there are columns for the requirements for all properties of both requirement types. The first columns are:
Type, Name, "Transit From", "Transit To", "<<Requirement>>\nText", "Parent User ID", "<<Requirement>>\nID"
- However, the values for the Requirement2 properties are miss-aligned, like this:
- The first two rows are of type “Requirement” and the last two rows are of type “Requirement2”. Notice how the “Text 3” and “Text 4” are at the wrong column.
- It appears as if the problem is that it expected that there would be a “Parent User ID” column between the Text and ID columns. I guess the ID_2 with gray background should have been at the Parent User ID column near the start of the row.
- When I import this file back to VP, it will think that the Text property of all Requirement2 objects have changed.
I use VP Version 16.3 (Build 20210701) on 64bit Linux.