Exporting a diagram to pdf or svg takes huge amount of time and memory

Hi,
I am trying to reverse database ddl to VP canvas and then export a result to pdf or svg format through command-line.
I have 73 tables and 173 connectors and exporting these takes huge amount of time.
But exporting same diagram through UI just takes few seconds.

Here is the code summary that I’ve implemented for exporting diagrams on command line.
(I also tested with ExportDiagramImage.bat, and the result is same… it takes too long time and requires high memory consumption.)

// Create ERD

ProjectManager projectManager = ApplicationManager.instance().getProjectManager();
		DiagramManager diagramManager = ApplicationManager.instance().getDiagramManager();

// Load project
		IProject project = projectManager.getProject();

// Create ER Diagram
		IERDiagramUIModel erd = (IERDiagramUIModel) diagramManager
				.createDiagram(IDiagramTypeConstants.DIAGRAM_TYPE_ER_DIAGRAM);
		String projectName = project.getName();
		erd.setName(projectName + "_ERD");
		erd.setAutoFitShapesSize(true);
		erd.setPointForeignKeyEndToColumn(true);
		erd.setShowColumnUserType(true);
		erd.setConnectorLabelOrientation(0);
		erd.setShowConnectorName(IDiagramUIModel.SHOW_CONNECTOR_NAME_YES);
		erd.setConnectorStyle(IConnectorUIModel.CS_ROUND_RECTILINEAR);
		erd.setConnectorLineJumps(IConnectorUIModel.CLJ_ARC);

// Change connection caption and arrow type

// Save

diagramManager.layout(erd, DiagramManager.LAYOUT_AUTO);
		diagramManager.openDiagram(erd);
		diagramManager.layout(erd, DiagramManager.LAYOUT_ROUTE_CONNECTORS_ORTHOGONAL);
		projectManager.saveProject();

// Export

ExportDiagramAsImageOption option = new ExportDiagramAsImageOption(type);
ApplicationManager.instance().getModelConvertionManager().exportDiagramAsImage(erd,
				new File(exportDirectory.getPath() + "/" + fileName), option);

Not only time but also memory consumption is a problem.
It reaches 1GB and then retains that level. (maybe… memory swapping once reach memory max limit)

When the number of tables and connections is small, it is possible to create within a few minutes without any problems.

Do you have any idea of this…?

I am sorry but I am unable to reproduce the problem.

Can you provide your project to us for testing?
If yes, you may hash your project data into meaningless information first:

And then submit a ticket to our technical support team, and attach your project in the ticket

Hi shin_ryan,

Thank you for sending us your project file for diagnosis. I would like to let you know the fail to export diagram to image problem has been fixed. Please update the software to latest patch build (20200630aa or later) to get the problem fixed. Details about update to latest patch can be found at

• Please make sure you have pressed the “Update to latest patch” button on the left hand side of the dialog right after launching the update program

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information and wish you have a good day!