Exporting Diagrams Command Line

We have a large DB and stuggling to export Selective Diagrams to XML. I have a folder with in a project I need to export 1000 diagram. I have got the command line to work but to do 1 diagram a time is impractical. Is there a way of using the command line export with wild cards on the names for the diagram eg … -diagram “$DLV$” ?

./ExportXML.sh -project -diagram -out

Actually the command line script do allow define the list of diagram to export via text file. It means you can put your 1000 diagram name in the text file and specify it as one of the parameter for export XML. But we just spot that this feature do have a small problem on handling the diagram list. Our engineers are checking on it and I’ll keep you post once there are any update.

I would like to let you know the export project to XML via command line problem has been fixed. Please update the software to latest patch build (20221110am or later) to get the fix. Details about update to latest patch can be found at

• Please make sure you have pressed the “Update to latest patch” button on the left hand side of the dialog right after launching the update program

After update the software you can define the list of diagrams to be export into a text file (one diagram name per line), and specify the path to text file under -diagram parameter. i.e.

./ExportXML.sh -project %path_to_project% -out %path_to_output_folder% -diagram @%path_to_diagram_list_file%

• need to have “@” in front of the target file path

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.