Fail to open vpp saved with SDE 3.2 Enterprise Edition for Eclipse/WebSphere

I download SDE 3.2 Enterprise Edition for Eclipse/WebSphere from your website and tried your excellent product. but after a diagram is saved, I couldn’t open it.

Please find attached with log file.
vp.log

Hi user,

Thank you for the post. Could you please tell me which OS (e.g. Windows, Linux, Mac…) and which version of Eclipse are you using? I would like to reproduce this problem. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Jick

Thank you, Jick. Hope following information is useful for you.

My Eclipse is version 3.1.2 for MS Windows, I am using W2K.
test.vpp

Hi user,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please send the vp.log file at the Eclipse installation directory? Thank you once again.

Best Regards,
Jick

Please find the attached vp.log again.
vp.log

Hi user,

I am sorry, but the engineers replied me that the log file is not very helpful, and we were unable to repeat this problem with the latest release. Would you mind trying again with the latest build? You can download it at:
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200602/HotFix/20060222c/VP_Suite_Windows_2_2_20060222.exe

If the problem persists, I could prepare a special build for you. Please let me know if it works. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Jick

I tested your new build, but the problem is still the same. Please find attached screenshot for your testing.

After I try all open methods, the diagram couldn’t be displayed on the right side.

and following message is saved into vp.log
[ Tue Feb 28 17:28:13 CST 2006]: Start Smart Development Environment Enterprise Edition for Eclipse [SDE EE-EC]: 3.2 (20060222c)
cannot call load_setCodeSignature(…) here
Imcompitable java project for eclipse: NULL

Because I ONLY installed your Enterprise Edition for Eclipse/WebSphere, My question is whether I should install all your products or not. or I should do something about my JAVA project.
screenshot.zip

Hi user,

You are not required to install all products. Your installation now is correct.

However, I notice from your screenshot that you are going to open the .vpp file directly, am I correct? If so, this is an incorrect way to open the project. The correct way is to select Modeling | Start SDE-EC from the main menu. This will start SDE for Eclipse. By detecting the currenctly activated Java project in Eclipse, the corresponding .vpp project will be opened.

Please try to open in the above way, and let me know if it works. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Jick

Thank you for your instructions. After I read onlie documents, finally I can :roll: my diagrams.

BTW I may give you a suggestion. To provide more friendly interface, it is better to active Diagram Navigator when user switches to UML modeling.

Hi user,

The Diagram Navigator will become active when you switch to UML modeling perspective. Could you please tell me what was the perspective being applied before switching to UML modeling perspective? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Jick

Please see the steps:

1. A new java project is created. e.g. test
  2. ONLY Resource perspective will list all the projects.
  3. Select new class diagram.
  4. Generate some classes in the window Class Diagram.
  5. Save the diagram.
  6. Close window Class Diagram.
  7. If switch to UML modeling perspective, there is no Diagram Navigator mentioned before.

Suggestion:
As the designed, the diagram is saved into c:\eclipse31\workspace.metadata.systemproject.vpp. It is better, if a window is popup to ask for file directory.

1. Then I have to new another test.vpp.

Thanks user, I can reproduce this problem. I will notify our engineers about this. But you do not need to create a new .vpp project. As a workaround, you can reset the perspective by selecting Window | Reset Perspective. This will display all the panes you need.