[feature req] - Export Abbreviations set in form of Excel

It will be handy if we can export Abbreviation sets in form of Excel, so users can define those outside quickly. XML is not good for business users to define these.

Your enhancement request is passed to our engineer team.
We will notify you once it is supported.
Thank you for using Visual Paradigm.

2 Likes

Another idea is to let user define something like UDF (user defined functions).

Imagine in logical model I usually keep busines naming convention:
“This Is My Nice Table Name”
or
“This is my nice table name”

While in database it should become
“T_STD_THIS_IS_MY_NICE_TAB_NAME”

So one can achieve this by abbreviation set, but another idea is to let user define and use standard Java string manipulation functions.

And we can access not only the source name (non-abreviated) but also for example stereotypes and tagged values anything, so I can write:
if (
//Will check stereotype name
table.stereoType.equals(LOOKUP_TABLE)
&&
// table is marked to exists in standard layer
table.stereoType.equals(STANDARD_LAYER)
}{
Table.name = “T_L” + “STD” + entity.replaceAll(" “,”_").toUpperCase();
}

So i think it could be handy to have such pure Java editor for abbreviations.

OUTCOME: Such functionality can be integrated in the whole solution as common extension for example for index, foreign key and other auto generated artefacts…

Thx for discussion.

Ladislav

Hi Ladislav,

I would like to let you know our engineers had deployed a new build which support export and import abbreviations via Excel (directly from the Configure Abbreviation dialog). Please update the software to latest patch build (v15.2 build 20190230dr or later) to get this enhancement. Details about update to latest patch can be found at

• Please make sure you have pressed the “Update to latest patch” button on the left hand side of the dialog right after launching the update program

And regarding to your suggestion on user defined function I’m sorry that at the moment we have no plan to support it. We may consider about it in future. Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

1 Like

Thx @Rain a lot.