Feature Request: Theme Manager + Beautiful themes!

Is there a Theme manager available (or planned)? Now the default color theme is blue (e.g. class diagram class definition backgrounds are blue)…

I see very professional (color) looking diagrams in the VP Gallery!!

I want the ‘themes’ used in those diagrams!

If you add a theme manager (and contract an good artist, to make some very professional looking themes), I could switch between themes.

It would be nice I could also change the theme of an existing project! If I choose an another theme, all diagrams change (color,font,background etc).

If you develop a theme manager and say 20 good looking themes then everyone could make very nice diagrams…

Thanks! Jos

Hi Jos,

Thank you very much for your kind suggestion. We have several functionalities to facilitate the reuse of fill settings in other shapes. Let me have a brief description and see if they are useful to you.

== Store fill setting as Theme ==

1. Right-click on a shape
  2. Select Format | Fill… from popup menu. This displays the Format Fill Color dialog box
  3. Configure the shape color
  4. Click Add to Theme
  5. Give the theme a name and confirm
    You will see the color is stored as an entry inside the Gradient Color Theme list. You can then reuse this theme for other shapes. Notice that you can store only gradient but not solid color as theme. But you may, of course, select the same color for to and from color in order to store a solid color as theme.

== Set a color default to all shapes ==

1. Right-click on a shape
  2. Select Format | Fill… from popup menu. This displays the Format Fill Color dialog box
  3. Configure the shape color
  4. Click Set as Default.
  5. Select either Select as Default for %model_type% or Select as Default for All Shapes.

I will pass your suggestion to our developers for further studies. If there are any other comment or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Best Regards,
Jick