Fedora 15 64-bit installation of VP Suite fails

Hello,
When trying to install VP Suite on Fedora 15 64-bit, I get the following error message:

Could not display the GUI. This application needs access to an X Server.
If you have access there is probably an X library missing.

You can also run this application in console mode without
access to an X server by passing the argument -c

An error occurred:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/VP_Suite_Linux_5_3_20110930.sh.25490.dir/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so: libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

When the -c argument is used as suggested, VP Suite appears to install, but will not run. For example, if you type the command VP_Suite all that happens is that you get the command prompt after a short delay. The file /usr/local/VP_Suite5.3/bin/vp.log contains the following:

[warning] Cannot read Product and Edition
[message] [Mon Oct 10 22:50:04 BST 2011]: Start Visual Paradigm for UML Professional Edition [VP-UML PE]: 8.3 (20110930)
[message] Operating system: Linux 2.6.40.4-5.fc15.x86_64 running on i386
[message] Java VM: 1.6.0_27 Java HotSpotâ„¢ Client VM, vendor 20.2-b06 Sun Microsystems Inc.
[message] User: root, language: en
[warning] Not running DB-VA or VP-UML using RV

I have already tried the instructions for replacing the JRE given in http://resources.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/tips-inst/131-run-on-64bit-machine.html but it has not made any difference.

Any suggestions for solving this problem and getting a functioning install on Fedora 15?
Thank you

From the error message it complain there is no Windowing system being detected. May I know you run the installation inside X Window environment? or simply in console (not inside Windowing system)?

Best regards,
Rain Wong