File References in UseCases

Hello,

I’m currently evaluating the Modeler Edition of VP, which seems to be a very valuable UML Tool … However, a few questions have already arised, and I could not find an answer in the HTML Online Help:

1. We have UseCase Descriptions written in Word. I see I can add a file reference to a UseCase in “UseCase Details”, but when I do so and then re-open the dialog the file reference is gone ! (yes, I did apply the change …)

2. Working with the Teamwork Server the “Commit”-Button in the Menu as well as in the Toolbar is deactivated; to commit my changes I have to open the Teamwork Client and use CheckIn from there …

3. When I choose VP-Help from the Help-Menu, nothing is happening …

Thanks for any help in advance,

Guenther Schmid

Hi,

I’d like to agree that it would be very helpful to have (any kind of) hyperlinks on some objects. Especially for those of UseCases, ActivityDiagrams and BusinessProcesses!

BR
Oliver

Dear Guenther,

Thank you for your message and I’m very sorry for any inconvenience this problem caused you. I’ve forwarded the file association problem and the commit button problem to our engineers to follow-up. Once there are any feedbacks, I’ll comeback to you immediately. And for the Help problem, the help dialog will be show if you have select to install the help file during installation. You can repair this by running the installer again and select the same installation location of your existing VP Suite.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain

Hello Rain,

thanks for your answer. You’re right, I must have disabled the help option during install, Help is working now :oops: …
Hope you will find similar easy solutions for my other two points :wink:

Best regards,

Guenther

Dear Guenther,

The file association project has been fixed and deployed. Please check out your private message for downloading the hot fix. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain