Filtering out auxiliary views in Doc Composer

I’m breaking up a class diagram into multiple class diagrams. Some of the classes appear as base classes across multiple diagrams; for each base class, only one diagram holds the master view and everything else is an auxiliary view. I want Doc Composer to display the proper image for each class diagram but I don’t want it to document the auxiliary view classes as it iterates through the diagram.

In short, documentation for a class should appear only if the diagram being documented is the master view for that class. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Hi KDean,

Thank you for your post. I have forwarded your question to our development team. When there is an answer, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi KDean,

You can use a customized template to achieve your need. To do this, use the following code in your template for filtering:

<ValueChecker property="master" value="true">
</ValueChecker>

If you have no idea about template customization, don’t worry, let me know and I will provide you with more details.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi. I’m becoming intimately familiar with template customization (I really like it, and have at least one suggestion I will be posting shortly). However, I’m not seeing the code you posted. All I see is “…”.

Hi KDean,

I am sorry. I didn’t notice that the quotes were being mis-interpreted by the editor… I just updated my reply. Please check again.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung