Firebird support?

Hi

Certainly looks a fantastic product.

I have a system using Firebird 1.5 which I connect to using JBDC.

Can DBVA access this database. It’s pretty much standard SQL.

Regards

Infomedia

Hello Infomedia,

As I know we already support Firebird. I hope that you will try it out and give us some feedback :smiley:

Best regards,
Jick

firebird.png

I believe that on the web site it said Firebird 2.

I use Firebird 1.5…

I would want to integrate with Eclipse, does that mean the ‘Professional’ version is required?

Regards

Infomedia

Hello Infomedia,

You are correct that Professional Edition is the minimum edition that supports ORM, and this probably is the edition you need. About the version of Firebird, I suppose our ORM should work for both version 1.5 and 2.

Best regards,
Jick

With the DBVA for Eclipse, I see that the Java version is $399.00 and from the comparrison I see that it does all I want.

As it is called DBVA for Eclipse, I assume that it does integrate with Eclipse.

I’m a bit confused as there seems to be so many (similar) versions.

I want a Java version that closely itegrates with Eclipse.

On the edition comparison for DBVA for Eclipse the only thing that the Java version does not do (that the Proffesional does) is .NET and PHP ORMs.

So can I get away with the $399.00 Java version.

Please explain in detail.

Regards

Infomedia

Hello Infomedia,

You are correct, DBVA for Eclipse can integrate with Eclipse seamlessly, and the only differences between the Java and Professional editions are that the Professional edition support .NET and PHP ORMs (while the Java Edition doesn’t). For your case, since you want to work with Java ORM, I recommend you use the Java Edition of DBVA for Eclipse.

Best regards,
Jick