Firebird support

Hi,

I am trying to use the SDE for Visual Studio .NET. using Firebird Client 2.0. I get the following error when I try to use the orm code:

“Could not create the driver from NHibernate.Driver.FirebirdDriver.”

What this means is that NHibernate could not instatiate the FireBird driver.

I looked into this a little more deeply using reflector and found out that the NHibernate.dll included with Visual Paradigm has support for the FireBirdDriver but not for the FireBirdClient.

In the latest version of NHibernate, NHibernate supports the FirebirdDriver and FirebirdClient.

Please look at the two images I provided. One of the images shows the NHibernate.dll provided by Visual Paradigm showing support for FireBirdDriver and the other one shows the latest code by NHibernate providing support for the two drivers.

Do you guys have a pathch for the NHibernate.dll you provide that provides support for the FireBirdClient driver?

Thanks in advanced,

Karim Garza

VisualParadigm-NHibernate-dll.jpg

NHibernate-NewVersion.JPG

Hi,

You are likely to encounter this same problem if you installed the Firebird-2.0.1.12855-1-Win32.exe .NET providers. You can workaround this by installing the FirebirdNETProvider-1.7.1.exe.

This will allow you to work while we wait for an update from VP to the latest NHibernate code.

Thanks,

Karim Garza