Floating Licence Server

Is there any possibility to restrict the access to the floating licence server to people (IP, …)? If not is it possible to kick someone to release the licence or to force it, if someone foreign grab a licence?

Thx Marko

Hi Marko,

Thanks for your message. We are sorry that currently there is no restriction on users on the accessibility to the Floating License Server (anyone who is able to reach the license server can acquire for the floating license key).

Actually, this is in out list of future features already. I’ll keep you informed for any news about this feature. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Is there any chance to get the licence back, if some hold them? For example by restart the server instance.

Hi Marko,

Thanks for replying. I’m sorry that there is no way to restrict any people from accessing the floating license server.

Are you experiencing any difficulties on the floating license keys?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

No. But we are working distributed, so currently the license server is open :frowning: It’s a question just in case … - or someone forgot to release the license and starts a world journey without cell phone :slight_smile:

Dear Marko,

We will support acquire key from license server using access code in the future release and consider to support expiring the exported keys. I think this will help to solve your problem. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Rain

Hi Marko,

How are you? I would like to share with you that we released VP Suite 3.3 SP1 which supports access control for acquirement of floating license keys via assigning access code. More details about this enhancement cab be found at http://resources2.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/release-vp33sp1/57-vp33sp1/97-fl-keys-access-control.html

If there is any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
I’m interested to access control functionality but the link don’t work (Forbidden).
I would know if the restriction can be done in order to enable an edition to userA and an other edition to userB.
Regards,
Marco

Hi Marko,

Thanks for replying. I’m sorry that the server of our resources downed before, but now it’s fixed already so you can take a look at the resources page again. You can easily assign access code to the floating licenses for users to acquire specific edition of product.

If you need any further information, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong