Font size in VP's Text Box

How do you change the font size in a text box?

I can put the text in italic or bold, but I can’t change the text size or font family!

I’ve tried:

1. clicking on the “F” and “FF” icons in the contextual menu when writing text. Nothing happens (a small black appears on the icon).

2. Try changing the font in the Text Box properties on the bottom left part of the screen

3. Changing it in the top menu icons

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. For the changing font problems:

1. I’m sorry that I cannot repeat your problem, could you please send me your project file as well as the vp.log file to take a look? Thanks in advance!
    *You can send the files to lilian@visual-paradigm.com if you do not want them to be accessed by public

2. and 3)
    I’ve forwarded the issues to our engineers to follow-up. If there is any feedback, I’ll come back to you immediately.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Miguel de Almeida,

Thanks for the project file and the movie of the problem. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your problem on Mac 10.5.4 with VP-UML 6.4 build 20081026. Would you mind sending me the vp.log file to take a look?
Also, could you please tell me what version of mac you are using?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
I’ve emailed you the log file.

Thank you

Hi Miguel de Almeida,

Thanks for your mail and the vp.log file, and I’m sorry for my misunderstanding on your platform.

Unfortunately we still cannot reproduce your problem on Ubuntu 8.04 (the same platform as yours). May I know are you using any Desktop Effect, or using MToolkit? Thanks!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

[quote=LilianWong]Hi Miguel de Almeida,

Thanks for your mail and the vp.log file, and I’m sorry for my misunderstanding on your platform.

Unfortunately we still cannot reproduce your problem on Ubuntu 8.04 (the same platform as yours). May I know are you using any Desktop Effect, or using MToolkit? Thanks!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong[/quote]

Hi Lilian.
I am indeed using desktop effects. I did try disabling them to see if the problem persisted, but couldn’t manage to make it work. Every attempt to change font size or family fails. Could you tell me the steps that make it work and see font changes on screen.

It would be great if you could send me a file with a few textboxes with different text sizes and font families to see if they are displayed in my machine.

Thank you

Hi Miguel de Almeida,

Thanks for replying. May I know are you using MToolkit? And are you using our bundled JRE (v1.5)?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

[quote=LilianWong]Hi Miguel de Almeida,

Thanks for replying. May I know are you using MToolkit? And are you using our bundled JRE (v1.5)?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong[/quote]

I am exporting the profile variable:
AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit

I’ve been running VP through either it’s desktop icon or menu link. If their scripts aren’t using your JRE, the one installed on my system is:

java version "1.6.0_07"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_07-b06)
Java HotSpot™ Server VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode)

Hi Miguel de Almeida,

Sorry for my late response. Could you please try do not use MToolkit, which may cause problem, and see if the problem can be solved?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Miguel de Almeida,

I would like to inform you that the problem of changing font settings in Property pane and standard toolbar (point 2 & 3 in your first post) is fixed already, you can find the latest patch from the following link:
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200812/Patch/20081209c/VP_Suite_Linux_3_4_20081209c.sh

Look forward to hear your reply in regard to my previous post.

Best regard,
Lilian Wong

Hi Miguel de Almeida,

I would like to follow-up the issues you reported:

1. clicking on the “F” and “FF” icons in the contextual menu when writing text. Nothing happens (a small black appears on the icon).
    May I know can this problem be solved by not using MToolkit (as I advised).

2. Try changing the font in the Text Box properties on the bottom left part of the screen

3. Changing it in the top menu icons
    Does the patch I sent you solved the problem?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong