Generic Types in Class Diagram

Hello,
I want to create a class diagram of a class (lets call it RefClass), having an attribut of the type System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary<String,MyClass>. There is also another Attribute using System.Collections.Generic.List. In the second case, the relationships are displayed correctly by the diagram (a link between RefClass and MyClass). For the Dictionary attribute, no such relationship is shown. How can I tell the VPUML that Dictionary<String,MyClass> actually links to MyClass?

David

Hello David,

Do you mean you want to reverse your class models into diagram, but found that the relationship between Dictionary and RefClass does not show up?

Best regards,
Rain

Hello Rain,

Edit: No, what I ment was, that there is no visible relationship between the property of RefClass (which is of type Dictionary<String,MyClass>) and MyClass.

Thank you for your fast answer

David

Hello David,

By default we will not generate the dependency relationship between RefClass and MyClass (to avoid the diagram become too complicated). We will consider to support generate those dependency connector in the future. Feel free to contact me if you need any help.

Best regards,
Rain

Hello Rain,

thank you for your answer. Is there any way to create such a relationship (create in terms of “make visible in the diagram”) by hand, without actually changing the design of the class?

David

Hello David,

Sure you can create the dependency relationships manually between your classes. This will not affect the actual design of your class model.

Best regards,
Rain