Get*/set* methods get converted to attributes when generating model from code

i have an interface with get* and set* operations. when I update to model these operations are assumed as getter/setter attributes and also displayed as such. this is quite annoying, because i want to show my interface in the class diagram exactly the way it was declared (with operations not attributes). is there a way to avoid this automatic conversion of get*/set* operations to attributes? i am using sde 4.2

thank you,
anze.

Hello anzez,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I’ve forwarded this issue to our engineers to follow-up. Once there are any feedbacks, I’ll get back to you immediately. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hi!

I have the same problem with SDE 4.2 for Eclipse. When I remove the falsely generated Attribute from the model and update the code, i get a warning

[Warning] There is no class model available for code generation.

When I then update the model from source again, the attribute returns.

The problem is, that other classes implementing this interface are then forced to implement the attribute publicly and are so generating errors with the “real” private attributes and the getter/setter of that one.

Thank you,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your post. I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to follow-up. If there is any feedback, I’ll notify you at once. If there is anything we can help, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong