Git support?

Its going to be git support some day? Nowadays every one is using git and its really a downside VP can’t use it.

1 Like

I’m sorry that for the moment we have no plan on it.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hello,

I wouldn’t say everyone is using Git. (I’m using Mercurial if I can, for instance.) :wink:

For me the question for supporting distributed systems doesn’t come from a view like, “Mercurial is my favorite version control system”. Instead, the main reason I see for supporting distributed systems is that you can commit model changes while being without internet access and later, when you’re re-connected, push your changes to a central server.

That said, I’d also like to see support for distributed version control systems. I assume once either of Git or Mercurial support is in place, implementing support for other distributed systems will be much easier.

Rain, have you (VP) thought about the effort of implementing Git or Mercurial support or didn’t you even consider it yet in the first place?

Best regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

We really haven’t consider it yet. We are now focus on a major performance tune up (http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/performance/). We will consider about Git or Mercurial in the future.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hi Rain,

Yes, I remember reading about the performance improvements. Good luck with it. :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to hearing from you regarding the distributed version control systems. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Stefan

Any news on this?
It is certainly about time to start considering Git.

[quote=Anonymous]Any news on this?
It is certainly about time to start considering Git.[/quote]

Any news in 2015? GIT support could be very nice… Thank you for answer.
Ondrej

I’m very sorry that we have no plan to support GIT. I’m very sorry about this.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Is there any way to encourage you to add git support?

Git support is something we would really appreciate!

Hi, any update on Git Support or some UML as code feature ?

I’m sorry that currently we have no plan to support GIT.