Has Anyone Imported diagrams from Borland Togther 6.2

We have the project in Borland Together 6.2 and need to import it to VP - UML. I exported from Together to xmi ( 1.3 and 1.4) and tried to import it in VP-UML and it gave exporting errors.

[error 04:27:32] Exception thrown on importing
v.fbx: Parse error
v.ipmk.i(:337)
v.ipmk.f(:217)
v.ugd.i(:46)
v.ugd.i(:40)
v.oan.i(:163)
v.oan.i(:32)
v.yed.i(:1532)
v.cip.d(:38)
v.ibue.run(:15)

I am evaluating this product and importing the diagrams is one of the key criteria.

Any help is appreciated.

Hello askmahesh,

Would you mind posting here the XMI file(s) that you tried to import into VP-UML? If you mind, you can send to my Email address directly.
jick@visual-paradigm.com

Best regards,
Jick

I have sent you the xmi to your email address

thanks
Mahesh

Hello askmahesh,

I have received your email, and tried with the 2 XMI files. Both can be imported without problem. How did you import the files? Did you import by selecting File > Import > XMI… ?

Secondly, may I take a look at your vp.log file? You can find at ${vp-suite-install-dir}/bin

Best regards,
Jick

Jick,

Thanks for ur quick reply…

Yes i did use File->Import->XMI…

This is what is in the log…

[Fri Jun 01 09:00:13 PDT 2007] [message] [Fri Jun 01 09:00:12 PDT 2007]: Start Visual Paradigm for UML Enterprise Edition [VP-UML EE]: 6.0 (sp2_20070511)
[Fri Jun 01 09:02:13 PDT 2007] [message] [Fatal Error] :1:41: Invalid encoding name “UTF8”.

Hi askmahesh,

Could you post the vp.log file here? Thank you.

Best regards,
Jick

Jick,

Here is the log file. It contains all the logs , including the one with CVS not working for me.

I tried importing the xmi file with both the encoding “Cp1252” and “UTF8”
vp.log

Hi askmahesh,

We are very sure that the log is not related to XMI importing. Can I schedule an online meeting to diagnose this problem with you? If you can join the meeting, please let me know when you will be available and which timezone are you in.

Best regards,
Jick

I am at Pacific Time Zone ( CA, USA). Evening time is good for me between 8 - 10 pm PDT

Hello askmahesh,

Can I schedule an online meeting at 8:00PM tonight (your time)? If it is possible, I will send you the information about the meeting about that time.

Best regards,
Jick

BTW: I will be using remote desktop to run the product from home . Is that going to be a problem ?

If so then we can schedule it earlier as well. I am currently at work.

This is not a problem. How about now?

sure… works for me…

Thank you. Just sent an email to you with the information about the meeting

Look forward to seeing you. :slight_smile: